Holiday Sweets and Appetizers – Recipe Round Up
With the abundance of Holiday parties coming up, I wanted to compile a post of my favorite Holiday recipes. Last year I did a series called the 12 Days of Christmas and presented some tried and true recipes that I’ve come to depend on as holiday staples. While I am certainly trying some new recipes this year, I still turn to these classics to round out my baking. I can safely say that each and every one of these (with the exception of the Buche de Noel, for lack of time) will make an appearance in my kitchen this season. I am also including some of my favorite appetizers, because a holiday party is not quite complete without them!
– my grandma’s recipe. Buttery, bite-sized, and all around perfect.
– also my grandma’s recipe with my spin to make them chewier. Hands down the best oatmeal cookie I’ve ever had.
– people go nuts for this stuff, it is THAT good!
– sounds a little odd but the combination is spot on in this perfectly-spiced treat.
– no lemon in this poppyseed bread! This is an incredibly moist and flavorful bread with the flavors of butter and almond extract. The sweet drizzle on the crispy top adds another dimension to this already tasty confection.
– simple yet elegant. Surprise your friends with this easy homemade candy!
– the perfect accompaniment to a cup of coffee or tea! I am still surprised by how much I LOVE this recipe! It’s one of my favorites from all of last year.
As someone who doesn’t like marshmallows, I was shocked that I enjoyed these. Soft and melt-in-your-mouth good. And one of my favorite inventions from last year:
– I don’t often try to develop my own “recipes” but I did for this one and I am so happy with the result. Serve these as candy!
Nothing beats a good macaroon in my book. Try dipping the bottoms in chocolate – a little tip from my friend Kat!
– buttery goodness with a chocolate flavor. So good topped with crushed peppermint!
If you’re ambitious or have an event where you want to impress others with your baking skills, this is the recipe for you! This classic French dessert is fun to make and even more enjoyable to decorate!
– surely a sugar rush but this festive punch will put you in the holiday spirit and it’s always a hit with kids.
– convince yourself these are a healthy option at an otherwise sugar-covered table. Filled with sweet, fluffy marshmallow cream cheese, this finger food is easily popped in your mouth with little mess.
– buttery cookies with flavors of chocolate and coffee.
– one of my favorite holiday appetizers!
– no one will know they are turkey!
– bubbly and cheesy . . . enough said.
Unbelievably good. I am always amazed each time I make them. These are always a crowd favorite and the picture does NOT do them justice. I will make an effort to get a better shot this year!
Common ingredients come together in an uncommonly good dip.
Ina sure knows her dips, and this one is fantastic. What better way to enjoy veggies than drowning them in caramelized onions, sour cream, and cream cheese?!
The flavors of buffalo wings without the mess!
– an awesome dip without the hefty price tag!
You can rarely go wrong with bacon . . . try using turkey bacon for a slightly healthy alternative – your guests will never know the difference!
That’s it for the round-up! I will post details about my holiday party next week! Have a happy and safe weekend! 🙂