Layered Taco Dip
Layered Taco Dip is a classic party dip with taco flavors and customized to your taste. Great served with tortilla chips or veggies!
This dip has been a party staple in my family for many years. It’s easy to prepare, and almost everyone loves it. I’m sure there are many versions of it floating around, but I wanted to share this one. I made it last year for my and Bob’s birthday party, and people went nuts over it. It’s easily adaptable because if you don’t like a layer (like black olives!) you just omit it!
In general, I’m not a huge fan of baked chips/snacks (Baked Cheetos are a big exception because those things are amazing!), and I really didn’t like the Baked Tostitos that came out a few years ago – I thought they tasted like cardboard. Within the last year I tried Baked Tostitos Scoops, and they are surprisingly good! I don’t know if they changed their recipe or if the scoops are different than the other shapes, but these things are really great. Not quite the same as the original, but close enough that I don’t mind swapping to be a little healthier!
Gluten Free Taco Dip
This dip is naturally gluten free. As with any food allergy or intolerance, please check your packaging for cross contamination.
Looking for More Dip Recipes?
Dips are pretty much my favorite food! Check out these other dip recipes:
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Tortilla Cut Outs
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Whole Foods Copycat Spinach Artichoke Dip
Honey Yogurt Dip
- 1 st layer – 2 cans jalapeno bean dip (note this is dip not refried beans, and it may not say jalapeno but will have it in the ingredient list)
- 2 nd layer – 3 ripe avocados mashed with 1 Tablespoon lemon juice (1/4 teaspoon pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt (I omit this layer because avocado makes my mouth itch – weird!))
- 3 rd layer – Mix 1/3 cup mayonnaise (I use light, 1 cup sour cream (I use light), and 1 packet taco seasoning mix)
- 4 th layer – 1 bunch green onions (with tops, sliced fine)
- 5 th layer – 3 tomatoes (juice and seeds removed, diced)
- 6 th layer – 1 small can sliced ripe black olives (drained)
- 7 th layer – 1 package (or less shredded cheddar or Mexican blend cheese (I used 2% cheese))
- Assemble all of the layers in order on a platter.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve, but make the day you plan to serve. Goes great with tortilla chips, especially Baked Scoops!