Spinach Artichoke Dip – Whole Foods Copycat
Spinach Artichoke Dip – Whole Foods Copycat is inspired by the dip sold at the store. This homemade version has all the flavors and a much more affordable price tag!
Spinach artichoke dip is probably my favorite appetizer. It’s usually served hot and bubbly with tons of cheese – not this dip! It can be served cold and is quite a bit healthier than your typical s/a dip, but just as good.
I first found this dip at Whole Foods many years ago. I was amazed by how good it was, but it’s SOOO expensive – I’m talking about $7 for a tiny container. It’s so expensive that I can’t even rationalize buying it . . . ever. So on our Whole Food’s trip over Easter, I decided to inconspicuously write down the ingredients listed on the package and try making my own.
I was pretty proud because the taste is spot on. Although their version is a bit chunkier, I pureed mine in my Mini Prep Plus to make it easier. Same taste, different texture. The next time I make this I’ll probably try the chunkier version just to compare.
Gluten Free Option
This dip is naturally gluten free!
Looking for More Dip Recipes?
Check out some of my favorite dips:
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Layered Taco Dip
Whole Foods Copycat Spinach Artichoke Dip
Restaurant Style Hummus
Hot Artichoke Dip
Dill Dip in Rye Bread Bowl
Honey Yogurt Dip
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Tortilla Cut Outs
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach (thawed and water completely removed)
- 14.5 ounce can artichoke hearts (all liquid removed)
- 1 large or 2 small pieces of jarred fire-roasted red peppers
- 1 bunch green onions (white and light green parts)
- 3/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 jalapeno (seeded and chopped)
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- Pinch of sea salt or kosher salt
- Pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. Alternatively, roughly chop artichoke hearts, red peppers, green onions, and finely chop jalapeno. Stir well to combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate dip until ready to serve. Great with crackers or veggies!