Fresh Mango Salsa is the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. Try it on your favorite Mexican food, with tortilla chips, or on grilled meat!
A few weeks ago Bob had a week off to study for his big comprehensive exam. During that time, he made regular trips to our favorite produce market, and each time he came home with several mangoes. He couldn’t resist the sales! I was reminded of a mango salsa we sampled at Whole Foods over Easter weekend which was really good. Then I saw this Mango Salsa recipe, and decided it was time to use up some of those 10 mangoes lined up on the kitchen counter. I like sweet/salty combinations if they are subtle, but don’t typically like something very sweet paired with very salty. This salsa was very sweet, which probably means our mangoes were perfectly ripe! I think it was a bit too sweet for my taste, but Bob really liked it. (He has no problem with sweet/salty extremes.) I’m not sure if mangoes are still on super sale anymore, but if you’re looking for a way to use them up, this is fun recipe!
- 2 large ripened mangoes (peeled and diced into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 small jalapeno (seeded and diced extra fine)
- 1/2 medium red onion (diced fine)
- 1/2 large red bell pepper (seeded and diced small)
- juice of 1 lime
- pinch of salt
- sprinkle of cayenne (if desired for some heat)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Serve with tortilla chips or alongside your favorite meat!