Jalapeno Popper Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip is cheesy dip is based on the filling from jalapeno popper appetizers. You can serve it with tortilla chips, veggies, or crackers. It is a major crowd pleaser!
I’ve posted before about my love of dips. I think they are the perfect party food, and there are so many options. They are easy to transport to pot lucks and the possibilities of flavor combinations are endless.
When I saw this recipe for Jalapeno Popper Dip, I immediately saved it to try. Jalapeno poppers are pretty popular in my family, so I thought a dip that combines those flavors would go over well.
Bob and I hosted a graduation party BBQ for my new brother-in-law Steve, and I thought this dip would be a nice addition. Diced jalapenos mixed with cream cheese and spices, topped with a delicious layer of Mexican blend cheese and panko bread crumbs? Yum!
This dip was delicious, and the fam loved it. It’s definitely not too spicy but had a nice balance of flavors. I’m sure it would be great served with carrots and celery or crackers, but I prefer Tostitos Scoops!
And just look at that cheesiness! That’s what they call “cheese pull.”
Thanks for lending me a “hand,” Mom!
Gluten Free Jalapeno Popper Dip
Use gluten free Panko bread crumbs for an entirely gluten free dip. Tortilla chips are generally gluten free but check your packaging for cross contamination concerns.
Low Carb Jalapeno Popper Dip
Omit the bread crumb topping. May add additional cheese on top, if desired. Serve with vegetables.
Love Jalepeno Poppers?
Try these Baked Jalapeno Poppers! They are SO good!
Want more dip recipes?
Dip is pretty much my favorite food. Check out these other dips:
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Layered Taco Dip
Whole Foods Copycat Spinach Artichoke Dip
Restaurant Style Hummus
Hot Artichoke Dip
Dill Dip in Rye Bread Bowl
Honey Yogurt Dip
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip with Cinnamon Tortilla Cut Outs
Jalapeno Popper Dip
- 2 8- ounce packages cream cheese (at room temperature, light or regular)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (light or regular)
- 1/2 cup roasted red bell peppers (chopped)
- 6 jalapeno peppers (seeded, ribbed and finely diced)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups Mexican blend shredded cheese (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Ancho chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs (regular or gluten free)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, combine cream cheese and mayo.
- Add bell peppers, jalapenos, garlic, cilantro, lime juice, 1/2 cup shredded cheese, and half of the chili powder and cumin. Mix well to combine to a uniform mixture.
- Spread dip into a baking dish, smoothing into an even layer. (I used an 11 x 7-inch dish)
- Top with remaining shredded cheese, cover with bread crumbs and sprinkle with remaining chili powder and cumin.
- Bake approximately 30 minutes until cheese is hot and bubbly and the breadcrumbs are golden brown.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with tortilla chips, crackers, or veggies.
5 thoughts on “Jalapeno Popper Dip”
This looks delicious! I can't wait to try it 🙂
I DID try it…tonight as a matter of fact. And it is perfectly delicious. A new favorite! (Don't substitute the panko for anything other breadcrumbs!)
Always glad to get my hand in one of your dishes..or photos. Yes, this dip recipe is a keeper!
This WAS delicious! And I'm glad to find out it was reduced fat! That makes it even better!!!
Must make this!