Pineapple Carrot Bread
Pineapple Carrot Bread is an easy quick bread recipe with the sweetness of pineapple and flavor of cinnamon. Perfect for holiday gifting and entertaining!
This post was originally published as the 4th Day of Christmas in my 12 Days of Christmas Series.
Here is another quick bread that I’m including in my holiday gift packages. My mom has been making Pineapple Carrot Bread for many years, and always around the holidays. As a kid, I hated carrots (and I still don’t really like them that much), but I loved this bread – probably because of all the sugar and oil that covers them up!
This bread has such a delicious flavor – the combination of the cinnamon and the pineapple is great. Like most breads of this nature, it tastes more like a cake than a bread, and actually is very similar to the Carrot Cake from the Silver Palate cookbook.
Just like with the Poppy Seed Bread, I made mini loaves and am freezing them until I’m ready to give them away. That’s all for the quick breads in the 12 Days of Christmas – stay tuned for some other tasty treats!!!
Slices of Pineapple Carrot Bread are displayed on the middle tray of this 3 tiered serving platter. This was from our Holiday Open House where I served a trio of quick breads: Pineapple Carrot, Poppy Seed Bread, and Pumpkin Bread.
Gluten Free Pineapple Carrot Bread
I haven’t tried it myself yet, but I have had good luck using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour in place of all purpose flour in baking.
Looking for More Quick Bread Recipes?
Check out these other quick breads:
Poppy Seed Bread
Cranberry Christmas Cake
Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread
Ultimate Banana Bread
Double Chocolate Banana Bread
Healthy Chocolate Banana Bread Muffins
Looking for More Pineapple Recipes?
Check out these recipes featuring pineapple:
Carrot Cake Cupcakes
Banana Split Cake
Mini Pina Colada Cheesecakes
Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken
Pineapple Pretzel Salad
Pineapple Carrot Bread
- two 9-inch loaf pans
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable or Canola oil
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 9- ounce can crushed pineapple (drained)
- 1 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix eggs and sugar, then add oil.
- Add dry ingredients, carrots, pineapple, and nuts, if using. Add vanilla and mix.
- Spoon into two greased and floured loaf pans and bake for 1 hour (or 6 mini loaf pans and bake for 45 minutes). Note: I used Crisco with flour spray instead of greasing and flouring, and the loaves slid out beautifully!
- Remove loaves from pans when either warm (onto a cooling rack) or cool. To maintain a crispy top, wrap in aluminum foil and store at room temperature. To freeze, wrap each loaf in plastic wrap and aluminum foil and place in a freezer bag.
4 thoughts on “Pineapple Carrot Bread”
Mmmmm! Carrot and Pineapple Bread sounds so good.
I want a piece!
Two Peas and Their Pod moved to WordPress, please update your readers, etc. Our address is: http://www.twopeasandtheirpod.com Come visit us and check out our new look! Thanks for following us!
Oooo, that looks good. I bet it would be awesome for french toast. Heh.
It's funny, I don't like raw carrots, but I love them in soup and carrot cake. I know I would really enjoy this bread – the pineapple sounds so great in it!