Zucchini Bread is great way to use up a summer bounty of zucchini. A quick bread that is cake-like in texture and in taste. Trick your kids into eating their veggies!
This recipe has been in our family for years. I am sure it is the typical recipe for Zucchini Bread that you can find in cookbooks and around the internet.
It’s a simple quick-bread recipe without any bells or whistles – just shredded zucchini and the usual suspects of a quick-bread – sugar, flour, oil, eggs, etc.
My favorite part of these types of bread is the crispy top that forms on the top of the loaf- it’s the best! My girls absolutely loved this bread – no surprise since it’s essentially a cake!
One of my favorite other ways to use zucchini is this Summer Vegetable Pasta!
Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
Although I haven’t tried it myself yet, I have good luck using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour in place of all purpose flour.
Looking for more quick bread recipes?
- loaf pan
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup vegetable or Canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini (skin on, not squeezed of moisture)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (pecans – I omit due to allergy)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans or use baking spray with flour.
- Combine beaten eggs, oil, sugar, zucchini and vanilla.
- Into a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
- Blend dry ingredients into the batter. Add nuts if using.
- Divide batter between 2 loaf pans and bake 50 – 60 minutes (I use the toothpick trick).