Swiss Cheese Sour Cream Chicken Bake
Swiss Cheese Sour Cream Chicken Bake consists of chicken breasts topped with Swiss cheese and a white wine mushroom sauce topped with bread crumbs.
My parents’ friend Judy made this chicken for them several years ago, and they loved it, so much that my mom made it when I was home from college for a break. I fell in love with it as well. It reminds me of a dish I made in a French cooking class at our local grocery store many years ago. Although this recipe is much more Americanized, it’s still delicious. Plus, it’s super easy to make.
I know some people have issues about cooking with canned soup, but I don’t! For lack of a better name, we call it Judy’s Chicken, even though I’m sure she acquired the recipe from someone else. I usually halve this recipe and make 2 chicken breasts. Sometimes I’ll make the same amount of sauce for the full recipe to have a bunch left over for rice – I love sauce! I served this over brown rice and with Haricots Verts.
Gluten Free Chicken Bake
Looking for More Chicken Recipes?
Check out some of my favorite Chicken recipes:
Chicken with Dijon Mascarpone Marsala Sauce
Mushroom and Herb Stuffed Chicken Breasts
Huli Huli Hawaiian Chicken
Ultimate Chicken Fingers
Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs
Garlic Braised Chicken Thighs with Carrots
Oven Fried Honey Chicken Nuggets
Coconut Crusted Chicken Tenders
Chicken and Vegetable Bake
Caprese Stuffed Chicken
Baked Chicken Parmesan
- 4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese (or 1 slice per chicken breast)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (~10 ounces)
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup white wine
- salt and pepper
- cooking spray
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (regular or Italian-style)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9×13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in the dish, and sprinkle with salt, pepper, and Swiss cheese.
- In a medium bowl, mix sour cream, mushroom soup, and wine. Spoon over chicken. Sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Serve over hot, white or brown rice, if desired.