Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs (MSPI)
These Spicy-Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs are a perfect, healthy weeknight meal. Bonus: they contain no milk or soy protein for those with MSPI and are gluten free!
I mentioned in this post that I had to be dairy free and soy free for several months when Ella was a new baby. One of our favorite dinners that I found when searching for MSPI (Milk Soy Protein Intolerance) Friendly recipes is this recipe for Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs.
We all love these, and I continue to make them despite no longer having to be dairy/soy free. I usually serve them with plain, steamed rice and sautéed sugar snap peas. I will soon post my favorite MSPI Friendly Fried Rice recipe that I make using the leftover rice from this dinner!
Looking for more MSPI Recipes?
I also highly recommend the blog MSPI Mama. She has a Quick Start guide with recipes for those moms suddenly finding themselves having to avoid milk and soy and not knowing where to begin! The site hasn’t been updated in a long time, but all of the original recipes are there, and it’s a great resource that got me through those stressful first few weeks of having to revamp the way I cooked.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne – can reduce if sensitive to spice)
- ~ 1 pound skinless (boneless chicken thighs)
- Canola cooking spray (that does not contain soy or Canola oil)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with Canola cooking spray or brush with Canola oil.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on pan.
- Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush half of the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.