Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs (MSPI)
These Spicy-Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs are a perfect, healthy weeknight meal. Bonus: they contain no milk or soy protein for those with MSPI and are gluten free!
I mentioned in this post that I had to be dairy free and soy free for several months when Ella was a new baby. One of our favorite dinners that I found when searching for MSPI (Milk Soy Protein Intolerance) Friendly recipes is this recipe for Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs.
We all love these, and I continue to make them despite no longer having to be dairy/soy free. I usually serve them with plain, steamed rice and sautéed sugar snap peas. I will soon post my favorite MSPI Friendly Fried Rice recipe that I make using the leftover rice from this dinner!
Gluten Free Spicy Honey Chicken Thighs
This recipe is naturally gluten free!
Looking for more MSPI Recipes?
Check out these other recipes that contain no dairy and no soy:
MSPI Chicken Fried Rice
MSPI Chocolate Chip Cookies
I also highly recommend the blog MSPI Mama. She has a Quick Start guide with recipes for those moms suddenly finding themselves having to avoid milk and soy and not knowing where to begin! The site hasn’t been updated in a long time, but all of the original recipes are there, and it’s a great resource that got me through those stressful first few weeks of having to revamp the way I cooked.
Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne – can reduce if sensitive to spice)
- ~ 1 pound skinless (boneless chicken thighs)
- Canola cooking spray (that does not contain soy or Canola oil)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Preheat broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with Canola cooking spray or brush with Canola oil.
- Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on pan.
- Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
- Meanwhile, combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
- Remove chicken from oven; brush half of the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.
- Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
1 thought on “Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs (MSPI)”
Thanks for sharing this amazing article, it is very informative post good work keep it up.