Chicken and Vegetable Bake
Chicken and Vegetable Bake is a healthy, one pan recipe for roasted chicken and vegetables. Seasoned with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, and fresh basil, this dish has an Italian flair. A light summer meal with minimal prep work and clean up!
I’m always looking for new recipes to make when the weather is warm. Sometimes it’s just too hot for a bowl of soup or a plate of hot pasta. I’m looking for meals that incorporate seasonal vegetables, and ones that are a little lighter than our winter meals.
This recipe makes for a lovely summer meal. The vegetables are delicious, and it’s a very healthy dish. The great part: you can add any vegetables you prefer. It’s essentially a one pan dinner. You could even make it on sheet pan covered in foil for minimal clean up.
I especially like the use of seasonal vegetables like fresh tomatoes and zucchini and the fresh basil. Whether you get them from the store or from your own garden, these summer vegetables just taste better this time of year. The chicken and vegetables are seasoned with balsamic vinegar and olive oil to give it an Italian flavor. Bob and I both really liked this dinner, and I’ll be making it again!
Gluten Free Chicken Vegetable Bake
With only chicken, potatoes, and vegetables, this meal is naturally gluten free!
LOOKING FOR MORE SUMMER RECIPES?
Check out my favorite warm weather recipes:
Double Tomato Bruschetta
Oven Dried Tomatoes / Oven Dried Tomato Bruschetta
The Best Corn and Tomato Salsa
Caprese Salad Skewers
Prosciutto and Melon Bite Sized Appetizers
Italian Charcoal Grilled Corn
Potatoes and Onions
Summer Vegetable Pasta
Homemade P.F. Chang’s Chicken Lettuce Wraps
Tomates Provencales (Baked Tomatoes)
Bruschetta Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Grilled Shrimp with Spicy Lemon Garlic Sauce
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Street Tacos – Costco Copycat
Chicken and Vegetable Bake
- 2 large chicken breasts (cut into 1-inch cubes)
- 1 zucchini (cut into 1/2-inch half slices)
- 1 sweet yellow onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 small Yukon Gold potatoes (diced)
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes (roughly chopped)
- 5 large basil leaves (chiffonade)
- few splashes of balsamic vinegar
- extra-virgin olive oil
- shake of rubbed sage (dried thyme, garlic powder)
- Generous amount of kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Combine all ingredients except tomatoes in a large bowl and mix well.
- Transfer mixture to a 13×9 baking dish and top with tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover and bake for 30 minutes, or longer if necessary to cook the potatoes through. Stir half-way through to ensure even cooking.
6 thoughts on “Chicken and Vegetable Bake”
Look like a great dish. Perfect for using veggies in a summer garden. Thanks for the recipe!
Thanks for the shout out!
That is soooo weird that your stuff cooked at different times and that your oeven was filled w/ steam. I didnt need to cover mine at all. I suppose everyones ovens are different. But I am glad you enjoyed it.
What a tasty meal, and so easy too! Anything with zucchini = summer to me!
Looks so colorful and delicious.
I love delicious and comforting meals like this. These are so hard to resist in my opinion.
This looks so good to me and I totally understand about not wanting to eat soup or other hot dishes right now.