Pepper Jack Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Pepper Jack Stuffed Turkey Burgers are a moist, flavorful turkey burger stuffed with Pepper Jack Cheese and grilled to perfection.
Happy 09.09.09! I think it’s a pretty cool day!
I made these turkey burgers several weeks ago, and we really liked them! I started with a turkey burger recipe from Allrecipes. The recipe calls for 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey. I only had a 1 pound package of ground turkey, so I scaled the recipe back, except for the French Onion Soup Mix. I used the entire packet, and unfortunately they were a bit salty. I suggest using only 2/3 of the packet if you have just 1 lb of ground turkey.
These burgers were really flavorful and juicy. It was a little harder to tell when they were done because they were so moist!
The original recipe for these burgers does not include BBQ sauce or Pepper Jack cheese – I just jazzed them up a bit. I like the idea of stuffing cheese inside, just like with these Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs. These would have been great with Onion Strings on top!
Like I said with the Chicken Parmesan Burgers, we typically have burgers without buns, which is what we did this time, but you can certainly serve them with buns and all the typical toppings.
Gluten Free Pepper Jack Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Use gluten free soy sauce to make a these burgers gluten free. Please check the packaging on the French Onion Soup Mix to make sure it is gluten free. Consider serving these burgers without buns or with gluten free hamburger buns.
Looking for More Turkey Burger Recipes?
Check out these other turkey burger recipes:
Guacamole Turkey Burgers Red Robin Copycat
Classic Turkey Burgers
Turkey / Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Sides to go with your burgers:
Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries
Crash Hot Potatoes
Potatoes and Onions
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 packet dry French onion soup mix (1 ounce )
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten (optional)
- barbecue sauce (optional)
- 3 slices pepper jack cheese
- In a large bowl, mix the soup mix, soy sauce, garlic powder, black pepper, and egg. Add turkey and mix until just incorporated. Refrigerate for at least 10 minutes. Cut each slice of cheese in half, then fold each of those pieces in half. Form the meat into 6 patties, while inserting the cheese in the center, making sure it’s covered on all sides.
- Preheat a grill pan lightly coated in olive oil (or a grill). Place patties on the grill. Cook until no longer pink inside. Add barbecue sauce while grilling if desired.