Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries
Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries are simple to prepare yet taste like a side dish from your favorite restaurant. Skip the fast food and make these!
These oven fries are so delicious! They’re crispy, flavorful, and the perfect accompaniment to any main dish. With so few ingredients, they are so easy to whip up on a weeknight. You don’t even have to peel the potatoes! Once they’re in the oven, you can concentrate on making the rest of the meal.
This recipe is originally from Tyler Florence. I found it on Joelen’s blog, so I knew it would be good!
These oven fries remind me of a recipe my family has been making for years, Parmesan Potatoes, although there are several key differences. In this recipe, the potatoes are roasted in olive oil then tossed in Parmesan. In the Parmesan Potatoes recipe, the potatoes are coated in a flour and Parmesan cheese mixture and then baked in butter. I like to think of this recipe as being more of an easy weeknight side; whereas, I make Parmesan Potatoes for company.
To make this healthier version of French fries, Russet potatoes are cut into wedges, then roasted with garlic and olive oil. Once they are brown and crispy, they are tossed in a Parmesan cheese and parsley mixture before serving.
The original recipe served 4, so I cut it in half. You can easily scale up depending on how many you’re serving.
What to serve with oven fries?
How about a Guacamole Turkey Burger, Pepper Jack Stuffed Turkey Burger, or my favorite basic Turkey Burgers?! They also make a great side for chicken sandwiches or grilled chicken.
Gluten Free Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries
These oven fries are naturally gluten free!
Looking for More Potato Side Dishes?
Check out these Potato recipes:
Potatoes and Onions
Crash Hot Potatoes
Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries
- 1 large Russet potato (scrubbed and dried)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 garlic clove (minced)
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley (or 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat leaf parsley)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Cut the potato in half lengthwise. Then cut the halves lengthwise into fourths to make 8 wedges. If your potato is very large, consider cutting it into more than 8 wedges.
- Toss the potato wedges with the olive oil, salt, and minced garlic in a large bowl. Place onto a metal baking sheet. If desired, line with aluminum foil sprayed with cooking spray. Spread potatoes into a single layer.
- Roast the potatoes for 30 – 35 minutes, until cooked through, brown, and crispy. Don't shake or turn the fries while they're cooking. The longer they sit in contact with the metal baking sheet, the crisper they get. Keep a close eye on them toward the end to ensure the garlic does not burn.
- Toss the fries in a big bowl with the cheese and parsley, and serve hot.
10 thoughts on “Garlic Parmesan Oven Fries”
So yummy looking!
I love making oven fries, and usually make them with rosemary,(the most PERFECT herb, in my opinion)and garlic. I absolutly am going to try this version.
Have a great day!
Sweet merciful crap. That looks so good.
I think I gained 5lbs just looking at these. Wow looks delicious
These are mouth-watering delicious! Irresistible! Great entry. Thanks for sending it to the Showdown!
Oh wow these potatoes look delicious! I'm a huge fan of garlic and parmesan together. Delicious flavors.
Those baked fries are scrumptious, great flavors with garlic & parmesan!
These are my kind of fries! Love them girl! The cupcakes below are super cute too! I am ready for spring!
That picture is making my mouth water and now I am craving fries! Love the parm on top!
wow This is beyond mouthwatering! I simply love it!
Flavored oven fries are the best! I love the garlic parmesan combo…now you've got me craving a nice burger and fries!