Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Chicken Parmesan Burgers combine all your favorite flavors of Chicken Parmesan into a burger. You can serve with or without buns, for a lower carb option. These can be made indoors using a broiler or outside on the grill!
I’m a little embarrassed to admit this, but I just discovered my broiler. I don’t know what the heck I thought it was – a really hot drawer under my oven? Seriously, I just ignored it the last 4 years I’ve lived in this apartment. When a recipe calls for broiling, I just turn the dial to broil and stick the food in the oven.
When I read Elly’s post about how great the broiler is for indoor cooking, I thought maybe I should get down on my kitchen floor and explore that mysterious drawer a bit. I am convinced that what I found will change the way I cook from now on. The broiler is like a little inverted barbecue pit! There’s real flames! I’ve always been bummed that we can’t have propane grills on our balconies, but now I no longer have to sulk in the hot summer months when everyone else is barbecuing because I have another option.
Sure, you might argue I could have made these burgers on my gas range, but have you ever tried making burgers without an exhaust fan near an over-active smoke detector? I cannot even tell you the number of times I’ve had to jump up and down waving a kitchen towel to silence the shrill sound. This is when all of you out there with nice, well-equipped kitchens should realize how lucky you are! 🙂 Hopefully some day . . .
Although this recipe is for Chicken Parmesan Burgers, I didn’t have any hamburger buns, and sometimes Bob and I just like to have meat and salad for dinner, so we just had these without buns. They were great! We both gave this recipe two thumbs up and will make them again.
Gluten Free Chicken Parmesan Burgers
Use gluten free Italian style breadcrumbs in the burgers instead of traditional breadcrumbs.
Looking for More Burger Recipes?
Check out these other recipes:
Pepper Jack Stuffed Turkey Burgers
Guacamole Turkey Burgers
Also check out these Onion Strings that are the perfect burger topper!
Not a fan of poultry? You can substitute ground beef for any of these burger recipes!
For the burgers:
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/4 cup Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 shallot (minced)
- salt and pepper
- spaghetti sauce
- shredded mozzarella cheese
- Mix burger ingredients. Form into 4 patties, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Preheat the broiler and cover a broiler pan with aluminum foil lightly coated with olive oil or cooking spray. Alternatively, these can be made in a grill pan on the range or on an outdoor grill.
- Broil the burgers until browned on top, then flip and brown other side. The length of time will depend on your broiler. Between 5-8 minutes per side.
- After burgers are cooked through, top with sauce and cheese and place under broiler for about a minute until cheese is melted.