Honey and cinnamon flavor this Compound Honey Butter that is perfect for Thanksgiving or any holiday celebration! Serve with rolls or bread.
Wow, there’s a lot of 1’s in the date today…and just think about what it will be like in 10 days!
Last year, Bob and I hosted our first Thanksgiving. Because my family’s Thanksgiving menu has remained virtually unchanged for 30+ years, I had to be creative with how I would add my personal touch to the meal without sacrificing the dishes we’ve all come to expect and love.
A few years ago, the amazing Annie posted some compound butters that she served at her first Thanksgiving. I thought this was a fantastic idea! No one would mind having a few extra choices to add to their roll, so it was a great opportunity for me to add a little something extra without causing a scene 🙂
I found this honey butter recipe of Alton Brown’s. I loved that it had cinnamon and some extra flavors. As I mentioned last year when I posted the delicious Compound Herb Butter that these butters were my brother-in-law’s favorite part of the entire meal! Either the butters were that good, or the meal was that bad (just kidding! We have our dishes down to a science at this point!)
Compound butters are not only great for holidays but there are nice way to add a little something extra to a dinner party or a small, intimate gathering with friends. Plus, they are so completely easy to make!
LOOKING FOR MORE THANKSGIVING RECIPES?
Check out my favorite recipes for Thanksgiving or any special Holiday Meal:
Compound Herb Butter
Mashed Potatoes and Root Vegetables
New England Sausage and Dried Cranberry Stuffing
Herb Roasted Turkey Breast
Haricot Verts with Shallots
Garlic Roasted Cauliflower
Pumpkin Yeast Bread
and for leftover turkey, Homemade Turkey Soup is a must!
My favorite Thanksgiving dessert recipes:
Fall Leaf Sugar Cookies
Pumpkin Chocolate Tart
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Mini Pumpkin Cheesecakes
Apple Crumble Pizza Pie
French Apple Cake
Chocolate Pear Tart
- 8 tablespoons salted butter, cut into chunks (1 stick)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place butter into the bowl of a mixer and beat at low speed using the whisk attachment. Alternatively, use a hand mixer.
- Increase the speed to medium and add the honey, cinnamon, and vanilla extract and beat until well combined, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove butter from bowl and spoon onto parchment paper or plastic wrap. Roll into a log and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Alternatively, use decorative tip (such as a Wilton 1M large star tip) and piping bag to pipe butter into small dishes, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.