Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars combine a chocolate cookie crust and spiced pumpkin cheesecake swirled with chocolate pumpkin cheesecake. Easy to grab bars are perfect for sharing!
Does anyone else feel like they have so many fall recipes that they want to try, but there simply isn’t enough time?! I have felt this way for several years, and have an ongoing list that I just roll-over to the next year. I am really trying to make an effort to enjoy this fall to the fullest and squeeze in as much baking as I can, especially because I’m told I’ll have a lot less free time in a couple months 🙂
This recipe for pumpkin swirl cheesecake bars is one that I found on MarthaStewart.com, perhaps last year? I had it saved, and it jumped out at me as I was looking through my recipes. I really love the combination of pumpkin and chocolate (most notably in the Pumpkin Chocolate Tart), and adding in cheesecake (like the Black Bottom Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites) just made it sound even more appealing.
I really cannot gush over these as much as they deserve – they are fantastic! I knew I would like them, but I didn’t expect this much. These bars consist of a basic chocolate cookie crust, topped with pumpkin cheesecake, and a portion of the cheesecake mixture is combined with melted chocolate and then swirled in to create pockets of pumpkin-spiced chocolate cheesecake! The cheesecake is perfectly creamy and the chocolate adds a nice touch but isn’t overpowering. If you love pumpkin, chocolate, and cheesecake as much as I do, you are sure to love these!
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
These can be made with gluten free chocolate animal crackers or gluten free sandwich cookies for an entirely gluten free dessert!
Looking for more pumpkin recipes?
Check out all of my Pumpkin recipes HERE, including:
Pumpkin Chocolate Tart
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
Pumpkin Spice Magic Bar Minis
Black Bottom Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Bites
Pumpkin Spice Kiss Brownies
Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Looking for more cheesecake recipes?
Check out these recipes:
Bailey’s Irish Cream Mini Cheesecakes
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cheesecake
S’more Cheesecake Bars
Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake – Cheesecake Factory Copycat
Mexican Chocolate Black Bottom Cupcakes
Red Velvet Brownies with Cheesecake Swirl
Red Velvet Cheesecake
Chocolate Cheesecakes for Two
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
For The Crust:
- 20 chocolate wafer cookies, such as animal crackers/cookies (4.5 ounces )
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
For The Filling:
- 16 ounce cream cheese, regular or light
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup canned solid-pack pumpkin puree
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped (or chocolate chips)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line bottom and sides of an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil, leaving an overhang on all sides. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend cookies with sugar until finely ground (you should have about 1 cup crumbs); add butter, and pulse until moistened.
- Transfer crumb mixture to prepared pan, and press gently into bottom. Bake until fragrant and slightly firm, 12 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Place cream cheese in food processor or the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; blend until smooth. Add sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, flour, pumpkin-pie spice, and salt; process until combined. Set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl; microwave in 30-second increments, stirring between each, until melted. Add 1 cup pumpkin mixture to melted chocolate; stir to combine. Set aside.
- Pour remaining pumpkin mixture into prepared pan. Drop dollops of chocolate mixture onto pumpkin mixture; swirl by dragging paring knife through the chocolate and pumpkin several times to create marbled pattern. Bake until cheesecake is set but jiggles slightly when gently shaken, 40 to 50 minutes.
- Cool in pan. Cover; chill until firm, at least 2 hours (and up to 2 days). Using overhang, transfer cake to work surface. With a knife dipped in water, cut into 16 squares. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
3 thoughts on “Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars”
Chocolate and pumpkin….two awesome flavors 🙂
I have a recipe just like this, and it's by far one of my favorite things about fall 🙂
Yay for pumpkin, they look super addicting!