Pumpkin Spice Kiss Brownies
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
1 1/2 sticks (12 Tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into 12 pieces, at room temperature
3 large eggs
1 cup sugar
45 Hershey’s Pumpkin Spice Kisses, unwrapped
3. Working with a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or with a hand mixer in a large bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until thick and pale, about 2 minutes. Reduce the mixer speed and pour in the chocolate-butter mixture, mixing only until it is incorporated- you’ll have a thick, creamy batter.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix at low speed for about 30 seconds – the dry ingredients won’t be completely incorporated. Then finish folding in the dry ingredients by hand with a rubber spatula. Scrape the batter into the pan.
5. Place the unwrapped kisses in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 1 minute. Stir until smooth, and then drop by spoonfuls into the brownie batter. Using a knife, swirl the batter to create a marbled effect.
6. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until the top is dry and crackled and a thin knife inserted into the center comes out clean (Note: it took MUCH longer in my oven – I stopped keeping track but my oven is a piece-o-junk so it might have just been that). Transfer the pan to a rack and cool to warm or room temperature.
7. Carefully lift the brownies out of the pan using the foil edges as handles and transfer to a cutting board. (At this point I just removed the foil – it was really easy to remove). Cut into 16 squares.