Creamy Chicken with Bowtie Pasta
Creamy Chicken with Bowtie Pasta has chicken with sun dried tomatoes, basil, and a creamy white wine sauce served over pasta.
This recipe was originally served inside an adorable puff pastry shell, but Leslie suggested that it would great over pasta as well. I love bowtie pasta, so I decided to make the chicken and sauce with that. This recipe is so delicious!!! I love all of the flavors. I highly recommend this recipe!
Gluten Free Creamy Chicken with Bowties
Use a gluten free pasta to make this meal entirely gluten free.
Looking for More Pasta Recipes?
Check out these other pasta dishes:
Chicken with Dijon Mascarpone Marsala Sauce
Baked Ricotta Cavatelli in Mascarpone Cheese Sauce
Baked Ziti Sorrentino
Turkey Lasagna St. Louis Style
Turkey Sausage and Peppers Rigatoni
Garlicky Shrimp Pasta
Shrimp Fra Diavolo with Linguine
Pasta with Sun Dried Tomatoes
Summer Vegetable Pasta
Roasted Vegetable Orzo
Spaghetti and Mozzarella Stuffed Turkey Meatballs
Mushroom and Mascarpone Ravioli
- 2 chicken breasts (diced)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces light cream cheese (softened)
- 4 basil leaves (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons sundried tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic (chopped)
- 3 slices turkey bacon, cooked crispy and broken (Recommended: Oscar Mayer brand)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup white wine (or a little more)
- milk or cream (optional)
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 6 ounces pasta (prepared according to package directions)
- Heat a pot of water to boiling for the pasta, and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Cook until no longer pink, about 5-8 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, basil, sundried tomatoes, garlic, bacon, Parmesan cheese, and wine. Mix until smooth.
- Slowly add the mixture to the chicken and mix until no lumps remain.
- Add extra wine or milk/cream to achieve desired consistency.
- Serve over pasta, or add pasta to pan, mix, and then serve. Top with Parmesan cheese, if desired.