Dark Chocolate Chip Scones
Dark Chocolate Chip Scones are the perfect scone texture with bits of bittersweet chocolate. Perfect for a Tea Party, breakfast or dessert!
Believe it or not, but I’ve never really had a scone before. My nut allergy prevents me from trying a lot of baked goods that have not been prepared by someone I trust, and no one I know has ever made a scone.
When I saw this recipe, I knew I had to try it out. I thought it would be difficult, but this is just about the easiest recipe ever! And these scones are sooo good. I obviously have nothing to compare it to, but I took them to work and everyone seemed to enjoy them. I am going to try blueberry scones next!
Looking for More Scone Recipes?
- 1 1/2 cups + 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon + 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon butter (melted)
- additional sugar (for sprinkling)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. Add whipping cream to flour mixture, stirring just until ingredients are moistened. Turn the mixture out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently until a soft dough forms, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal balls, flattened to about 5 or 6-inch circles, and cut each into 6 triangles to make 12 scones.
- Brush each scone with melted butter and sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.