Cheddar Bay Biscuits – Red Lobster Copycat
These Cheddar Bay Biscuits are even better than the ones at Red Lobster. Served warm they are the perfect accompaniment to any meal!
As I mentioned in the last post, I used to love the Sonoma Chicken Stew at Panera. It was served with Dry Jack Cheese Biscuits, which I thought were amazing. They had a delicious, peppery flavor. In fact, on the way to the hospital when I was in labor with Ava, I had Bob stop at Panera so I could get a biscuit since I knew once I got to the hospital I would be strictly confined to clear liquids.
When my sister and I decided to recreate the Sonoma Chicken Stew from Panera, she suggested we try these Cheddar Bay Biscuits, since we like the ones at Red Lobster. I am happy to report that these are even better than the biscuits at Red Lobster! The fresh shredded Parmesan forms little pockets of cheese in the biscuits and really transforms these into some of the best biscuits we’ve ever had. They really are best warm, so if possible aim to serve them that way.
Gluten Free Cheddar Bay Biscuits
Use a cup for cup gluten free flour, such as Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1 to 1 Baking Flour, in place of all purpose flour.
Looking for Soups to Serve with Biscuits?
- 2 cups Bisquick (store bought or homemade)
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded (not grated) Parmesan
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp Old Bay Seasoning
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives (chopped)
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
- fleur de sel (flaky sea salt)
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Mix all ingredients except for butter.
- Drop onto ungreased baking sheet by spoonful.
- Bake for 8 – 12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush with melted butter, then bake an additional 1 – 2 minutes. Serve warm.
- Optional: finish with sprinkle of fleur de sel.