Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Drizzle
These Chicken Tostadas are topped with a flavorful poached chicken and finished with a homemade cilantro lime drizzle. Restaurant quality Mexican in your own home!
Recently I’ve had a culinary block and can’t seem to figure out what to make for dinner. Hot weather deters me from some of my favorite baked pasta dishes and soups.
This past weekend, I had Bob choose some dinners out of my saved recipes from other cooking blogs. His first pick was this recipe for Chicken Tostadas. I was excited for two reasons: 1) the tostadas are served with a cilantro lime ranch drizzle which sounded amazing, and 2) it gave me an excuse to whip up a batch of delicious homemade salsa! We both loved this dinner and will make it again!
Gluten Free Option for Chicken Tostadas with Cilantro Lime Drizzle
Use gluten free flour tortillas. The rest of the recipe is naturally gluten free. Make sure to check your ranch dressing, as some brands contain gluten.
Looking for more Mexican Food?
Check out these favorites:
Chicken Street Tacos – Costco Copycat
Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Skillet Chicken Fajitas
Chicken Mexican Pizzas
Chicken Enchiladas with Red Chili Sauce
Chicken and Spinach Quesadillas
Pico de Gallo Chicken Quesadillas
Baked Southwestern Egg Rolls
or see all of my Mexican recipes HERE.
For the chicken:
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 14 ounces chicken broth
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- freshly ground pepper (to taste)
For the Cilantro Lime Drizzle:
- 1/2 cup light Ranch salad dressing
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro
For the tostadas:
- 6- inch corn or flour tortillas
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- diced plum or Roma tomatoes
- shredded Romaine lettuce
- shredded cheese
- light sour cream
Prepare the chicken:
- Cut the chicken breast into 3 pieces and place into a medium saucepan. Cover with the chicken broth, water, cumin, chili powder, and pepper.
- Bring the liquid to a boil, uncovered, then reduced heat to a simmer, partially covered, for 7 minutes. Then covered completely, remove pan from heat and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the broth and shred it with 2 forks.
Prepare the drizzle:
- Add all ingredients to a mini food processor and blend well.
Prepare the tostadas:
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lay tortillas on racks to crisp (just a few minutes, watch closely).
- Top tortillas with black beans, chicken, and other suggested toppings. Drizzle Cilantro Lime sauce on top.