Seven Layer Bars
These Seven Layer Bars have no nuts but all the goodness of Magic Cookie Bars, including graham crackers, coconut, chocolate and butterscotch.
Also known as Magic Cookie Bars, these famous layered treats are a very popular dessert with multiple variations floating around, many of which contain a nut layer.
Because I’m allergic to nuts, I obviously must omit this layer, so I was pleased to find that one of my favorite bloggers Annie had decided to omit the nuts due to personal preference and found success with the resulting product. Sometimes omitting the nuts is detrimental to the outcome of your recipe (such as Pecan Pie – trust me, I’ve tried!), so it’s good to know that these bars are still amazing when they only have 6 layers!
Gluten Free Seven Layer Bars
Use gluten free graham crackers to make these entirely gluten free.
Looking for More Bar Desserts?
Frosted Sugar Cookie Bars
S’mores Cheesecake Bars
Graham Cracker S’mores Cookies
Key Lime Pie Bars
Blueberry Crumb Bars
Pumpkin Chocolate Cheesecake Bars
Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake Bars
Caramel Apple Bars
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- 5 ounces graham crackers
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup butterscotch chips
- 14 ounces canned sweetened condensed milk
- Adjust an oven rack to the lower-middle position and heat oven to 350°F.
- Line a 9×13-inch baking dish with aluminum foil and spray lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium nonstick skillet over medium heat, toast the coconut, stirring occasionally until lightly browned and golden. Remove from heat.
- Place the graham crackers in a large resealable plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin to create multiple sizes of crumbs.
- Meanwhile, place the sticks of butter into the prepared baking pan and put it in the oven to melt the butter, about 6 minutes. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the oven. Add the graham cracker crumbs and toss lightly with a fork until all the butter is absorbed and the crumbs are evenly distributed over the bottom of the pan.
- In order, sprinkle the chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and the toasted coconut over the graham cracker crumbs. Pour the condensed milk evenly over the entire baking pan.
- Return the pan to the oven and bake until the top is golden brown, about 25 minutes. Remove pan from oven and cool on a wire rack until room temperature, about 2 hours. Remove bars from the pan using the foil and transfer to a cutting board. Cut into bars using a sharp knife.