Halloween Crescent Mummy Dogs
Halloween Crescent Mummy Dogs are the perfect addition to any Halloween party. This festive spin on pigs in a blanket is a hit with kids and adults!
After seeing these adorable Mummy Dogs on Picky Palate, I made them for a little pre-Halloween get together last year. I didn’t get a chance to post them before Halloween, so I saved the post for this year.
I used light crescent rolls and turkey hot dogs to make them a bit healthier. You can even use breadstick dough if you prefer. These were delicious and so festive! They are perfect for a Halloween party – whether as a main dish or as a snack. I think kids would love these as well.
UPDATE: I serve these Crescent Roll Mummy Dogs at our annual Halloween Party every year. My girls LOVE them and look forward to them each year!
Looking for More Halloween Recipes?
Check out these other Halloween themed recipes:
Witches Brew Punch
Halloween Pumpkin Pancakes
Spider Deviled Eggs
Spider Web Design Pumpkin Chocolate Tart
Halloween Sugar Cookies with Royal Icing
Caramel Popcorn Balls
Pumpkin Seed Brittle
You might also like this Round Up of the Flavors of Fall.
- 1 can of crescent rolls (regular or light; you may use breadstick dough if you prefer)
- 1 package hot dogs (or turkey hot dogs)
- nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Separate crescent roll dough at perforations. Cut into thin strips of dough.
- Wrap strips of dough around each hot dog to resemble mummy wrappings (as shown in photo), pressing loose edges together so they stick and stay in place.
- Place wrapped hot dogs on a baking sheet and spray dough lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 13 – 17 minutes, or until dough is light golden brown and hot dogs are heated through.
- Use mustard to dot eyes onto mummy faces, and serve with your favorite condiments.