Apple Pie Floats
Apple Pie Floats combine vanilla ice cream with apple cider in a refreshing fall dessert! Whipped cream, caramel sauce, and cinnamon topping.
Do you ever find yourself looking for ways to use up that big container of apple cider? I always buy a big gallon of it at the apple orchard each year and then end up scrambling to finish it. This idea for an ice cream float with apple cider is fantastic! I’ve never thought of it before.
I made one of these Apple Pie Floats for Bob and I to share. Not knowing the name of this recipe, Bob took a sip and said “it tastes like apple pie!” 🙂 He did comment that he would prefer a tad more ginger ale, so I’ve made a note in the recipe below to adjust to your own taste. Happy Fall!!!
Apple cider and ginger ale are mixed in a glass, then scoops of vanilla ice cream are placed into the drink. Top with caramel sauce and ground cinnamon and voila! An apple pie in a glass!
Looking for More Ways to Use Apple Cider?
Check out these other recipes containing Apple Cider:
Apple Cider Caramels
Browned Butter Cookies with Apple Cider Caramels
Apple Cider Doughnuts
And other Fall Apple Desserts:
Classic Apple Pie
Apple Crumble Pizza Pie
Caramel Apple Bars
French Apple Cake
- 1 cup apple cider
- 1/2 cup ginger ale (or a little extra depending on personal preference)
- 1 – 2 scoops vanilla ice cream (or any seasonal flavor such as cinnamon or apple pie)
- ground cinnamon and nutmeg for sprinkling
- 1 – 2 tablespoons store bought caramel sauce
- Pour apple cider and ginger ale into a glass.
- Add vanilla ice cream.
- Sprinkle on nutmeg and cinnamon to taste and drizzle caramel sauce on top.
- Serve immediately with a straw and a spoon.