Homemade Orange Julius
Homemade Orange Julius is a frosty, orange and vanilla flavored copycat drink of the original Orange Julius. A refreshing frozen treat!
When I saw this recipe for Homemade Orange Julius, I knew I had to try it. Orange Julius actually reminds me of going to mall in junior high! Orange Julius was fairly new to the mall at that time, and my friends and I loved it.
I cut the original recipe in half. It might have been because of the oranges I used, but Bob and I thought an extra tablespoon of sugar was necessary, so I made the change below. Also, the vanilla flavor is a bit strong, so I cut back on that. If you like Orange Julius, this is a great at-home recipe!
Gluten Free Orange Julius
This recipe is naturally gluten free!
Looking for More Drink Recipes?
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoons egg white substitute
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 2 cups ice
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed 45-60 seconds, until mixture is very smooth and frothy.
- Use slightly less ice for a thinner consistency; use slightly more for a thicker shake-like consistency.