Harvest Chicken Salad
This Harvest Chicken Salad has grapes, apples, raisins, and dried cranberries. The perfect fall lunch!
Several years ago, Subway introduced a chicken salad that had grapes, apples, raisins, and dried cranberries. I really liked the idea of this salad, although I felt like a homemade version would be much better. I used Ina Garten’s Chicken Salad Contessa recipe as inspiration for the base, then added in some fall-inspired fruit.
I love the sweet and savory balance of this chicken salad. I’ve served it on bread or in a dish. It’s the perfect lunch or light dinner in early fall!
- olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Kosher salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup grapes (cut in half)
- 1 diced apple (such as fuji)
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup craisins/dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Rub chicken with olive oil and place on a foil lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and bake until cooked through. Set aside to cool.
- Cube cooled chicken. In a large bowl, combine mayonnaise, sour cream, grapes, apple, raisins, and craisins. Add chicken and stir to combine. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper to taste. Chill until ready to serve.