Breakfast Chicken Sausage Patties
Breakfast Chicken Sausage Patties are a healthier, homemade version of breakfast sausage using ground chicken and a blend of spices and the sweetness of maple syrup. Use store bought ground chicken or grind your own for a an extra special breakfast.
I received the KitchenAid mixer food grinder attachment for Christmas and finally tried it out to make Elly’s breakfast chicken sausages. It was great to be able to grind my own chicken. I am very suspect of what’s actually in the ground chicken from the grocery store, not to mention it is so expensive (more than ground turkey at my store!) That being said, you can certainly make these using pre-ground chicken, and I have myself since it’s so easy!
These chicken sausage patties were fantastic! Bob and I had them with waffles for breakfast one Saturday, and we loved them. They are so flavorful and have a great blend of spices.
I didn’t have allspice for some reason, so I added a dash of cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Next time, I might omit these next time to give it a more savory flavor, or I’ll get some allspice and try that.
I used only chicken breasts, but you can certainly use dark meat or a combination of the two. Although I halved the recipe, I will post the full because we wished we had more! 🙂
Gluten Free Breakfast Chicken Sausage Patties
This recipe is naturally gluten free. If you are sensitive to small quantities of gluten, be sure to check your chicken packaging to make sure the chicken was not fed a gluten-containing diet.
Looking for More Breakfast Recipes?
Check out my favorite recipes featuring Breakfast food:
Blueberry Boy Bait
Allspice Crumb Muffins
Best Blueberry Muffins
Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
Blue Cornmeal Pancakes
Classic Cream Scones
Perfect Crispy Potatoes and Breakfast Skillets
Ultimate Steel Cut Oatmeal
Quiche Lorraine Florentine
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1/2 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- heaping 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- about 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 garlic clove (finely minced or pressed)
- 1/2 Tablespoon real maple syrup
- 2 – 3 teaspoon olive oil
- Lightly mix all ingredients together until the herbs and spices are well-incorporated. Do not overmix.
- Divide the mixture into 4 equal parts, then make 4 patties out of each portion for a total of 16 1-ounce patties.
- Heat a nonstick pan over medium heat and add 1 teaspoon oil. Fill the pan with as many patties as will fit, and cook about 2 minutes per side or until browned and cooked through. Repeat with remaining batches, adding an additional teaspoon of olive oil per batch.