Restaurant Style Hummus
Restaurant Style Hummus is a smooth and creamy homemade hummus perfect for dipping with pita chips, crackers or vegetables.
Hummus is one of my favorite snacks, but until recently I had never made it at home. This version from Cook’s Illustrated is super creamy and flavorful. I love the kick of cayenne, and the texture is perfect. Hummus is great with a variety of raw veggies or my personal favorite – Stacy’s Simply Naked Pita Chips!
Gluten Free Hummus
This hummus recipe is naturally gluten free. Please check your packaging for possible cross contamination.
LOOKING FOR MORE DIP RECIPES?
Check out these other dip recipes:
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Pan Fried Onion Dip
Whole Foods Copycat Spinach Artichoke Dip
Layered Taco Dip
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Dill Dip in Rye Bread Round
Hot Artichoke Dip
Restaurant Style Salsa
The Best Corn and Tomato Salsa
Fluffy Pumpkin Dip
Honey Yogurt Dip
- 3 tablespoons juice from 1 to 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup water
- 6 tablespoons tahini (stirred well)
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (plus extra for drizzling)
- 14 ounces canned chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 small garlic clove (minced or pressed through garlic press, about 1/2 teaspoon)
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- pinch cayenne
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro or parsley leaves
- Combine lemon juice and water in small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk together tahini and 2 tablespoons oil in second small bowl or measuring cup. Set aside 2 tablespoons chickpeas for garnish.
- Process remaining chickpeas, garlic, salt, cumin, and cayenne in food processor until almost fully ground, about 15 seconds. Scrape down bowl with rubber spatula. With machine running, add lemon juice-water mixture in steady stream through feed tube. Scrape down bowl and continue to process for 1 minute. With machine running, add oil-tahini mixture in steady stream through feed tube; continue to process until hummus is smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds, scraping down bowl as needed.
- Transfer hummus to serving bowl, sprinkle reserved chickpeas and parsley/cilantro over surface, cover with plastic wrap, and let stand until flavors meld, at least 30 minutes. Drizzle with olive oil, if desired, and serve.