Graham cracker crust, creamy pineapple coconut cheesecake, and a crunchy candied coconut topping.
For the Crust:
- 1 cup fine graham cracker crumbs (about 5 or 6 graham cracker sheets)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
For the Cheesecake:
- 16 ounces cream cheese. softened (two 8-ounce packages)
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup cream of coconut
- 7.5 ounces crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
For the Topping: optional
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
Make the Filling:
Beat cream cheese until smooth. Add sugar and beat. Gradually add eggs. Stir in sour cream and next 6 ingredients.
Spoon filling over crusts. Bake at 350°F for 20 to 30 minutes, until filling is set. Remove to cool while you make the topping.
Make the Topping:
Melt the butter in a pan on the stove. Add the sugar and coconut and saute until golden, stirring frequently. Remove from heat.
Divide coconut evenly between cheesecakes. Leave behind melted butter and discard. Refrigerate cheesecakes until ready to serve.
You're Gonna Bake It After All