Chilli Coconut Chicken Soup has Thai flavors in a 30-minute soup that is gluten free and dairy free. Serve over rice for a heartier meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4- inch piece fresh ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 bunch spring onions, sliced into 1 1/4-inch lengths (5-6 )
- 1 chicken breast (thinly sliced)
- 1/3 cup sweet chili sauce
- 15 ounces canned lite coconut milk (brought up to 2 cups with regular milk)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- brown, white or Jasmine rice
If desired, start cooking the Jasmine rice according to package directions.
Heat the oil in a saucepan over high heat, add the ginger and spring onions and cook for 1 minute. Add the chicken and cook for 2-3 minutes, or until golden. Add the sweet chili sauce and cook for a further 1 minute.
Add 1 1/3 cups water and the coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes. Add the lime juice, season with salt and add a little more sweet chili sauce, if desired. If using Jasmine rice, spoon into soup bowls, then top with the soup. Serve with lime wedges.
Source: Adapted from the Quick Short Chicken Recipes cookbook
You're Gonna Bake It After All