Orzo with Parmesan and Basil is a simple orzo pasta dish with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil. Just like a Mediterranean macaroni and cheese!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 14.5 ounces chicken broth
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil (see note)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- chopped tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, spinach, chicken, roasted red peppers, olives, red onion, feta
Melt butter in heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in orzo and saute until lightly browned.
Stir in chicken stock and bring to boil. Cover. Reduce heat and simmer until orzo is tender and liquid is absorbed, about 15-20 minutes.
Mix in Parmesan cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a shallow bowl. Garnish with basil sprigs.
I think it's important to use fresh basil for this recipe.
Source: Adapted from Steve W., originally from Allrecipes.com
You're Gonna Bake It After All