A flavorful side dish with crunchy Ramen noodles, sunflower seed kernels, and almonds.
- 1 pound shredded cabbage (bagged; I like the kind with carrots and green/purple cabbage for color)
- 2 packages Ramen dry soup mix (beef flavored is traditionally used but I've made it with chicken)
- 1 bunch green onions (sliced thin)
- 1 small package sliced almonds (about 2/3 cup, toasted, or use roasted Almond Accents, see note)
- 1 cup dry roasted sunflower seed kernels
- Spices from Ramen noodles
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup salad oil (such as Canola)
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
Crush Ramen package before opening to crumble noodles. Remove seasoning packet and prepare dressing. Refrigerate dressing.
Layer slaw ingredients in a bowl, cover and refrigerate.
Toss slaw with dressing just before serving.
These are optional if preparing for someone with a nut allergy.
Source: My mom (through family friends)
You're Gonna Bake It After All