A salty and sweet dessert that is perfect for a picnic or BBQ.
For the Crust:
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (8 ounces)
- 12 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
For the Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups Cool Whip (thawed)
For the Topping:
- 6 ounces strawberry Jello (one 6-ounce package or two 3-ounce packages)
- 2 cups boiling water
- 32 ounces frozen strawberries (thawed)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Combine pretzels, butter, and sugar. Press into an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish. Bake 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
Beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Slowly mix in Cool Whip topping until fully incorporated. Spread over crust and chill.
Dissolve Jello in boiling water. Stir in thawed strawberries with any syrup generated during thaw. Chill until partially set.
Spoon Jello mixture over cream cheese filling. Chill 4-6 hours or until firm. Cut into squares.
You're Gonna Bake It After All