A sun dried tomato dressing is combined with cooked pasta and fresh tomatoes, fresh mozzarella, and more sun dried tomatoes in this flavorful Italian dish. The perfect pasta to take to a party or have at home!
To Make the Pasta:
- 1/2 pound fusilli (spirals pasta, or pasta of choice (I used angel hair))
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
For the Dressing:
- 5 sun dried tomatoes in oil (drained)
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons good olive oil
- 1 garlic clove (diced)
- 1 teaspoon capers (drained)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- 1 cup packed basil leaves (julienned)
To Finish the Dish:
- 1 pound ripe tomatoes (medium-diced)
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella (medium-diced)
- 6 sun dried tomatoes in oil (drained and chopped)
Cook the Pasta:
Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water with a splash of oil to keep it from sticking together. Boil for 12 minutes, or according to the directions on the package. Drain well and allow to cool. While the pasta cooks, prepare the dressing.
Prepare the Dressing:
While the pasta cooks. Combine the sun dried tomatoes, vinegar, olive oil, garlic, capers, salt, and pepper in a food processor until almost smooth.
Finish the Pasta:
Place the pasta in a bowl and add the tomatoes, mozzarella, and chopped sun dried tomatoes.
Pour the dressing over the pasta, sprinkle with the Parmesan and basil, and toss well.
Source: Ina Garten's Barefoot Contessa Family Style via Foodnetwork.com
You're Gonna Bake It After All