Creamy Tomato Basil and Italian Turkey Sausage Soup is a quick soup with turkey sausage, spinach, and pasta for a filling meal!
- 3 sweet Italian turkey links (casing removed)
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade (or 1-2 teaspoons purchased basil puree)
- 26 ounces pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups half-and-half (regular or fat free)
- 1 cup small whole wheat pasta (such as macaroni)
- 6 ounces fresh spinach (roughly chopped)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese, grated (if desired)
Boil a small pot of water. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
Meanwhile, heat a medium-sized dutch oven over medium heat. Brown sausage, breaking it into bite-sized pieces, or smaller. Drain grease (or use paper towels to soak up grease), if desired.
Stir in pasta sauce, basil leaves or puree, water, and half-and-half. Cook until warm then reduce heat to low.
Add cooked pasta and season soup with salt and pepper to taste. Toss in the fresh spinach and simmer until wilted. Serve with grated Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Source: Adapted from Picky Palate
You're Gonna Bake It After All