Spicy Honey Brushed Chicken Thighs are rubbed with a spicy seasoning blend then broiled and brushed with a honey mixture. Contains no milk and no soy. MSPI diet friendly.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika (or smoked paprika)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne - can reduce if sensitive to spice)
- ~ 1 pound skinless (boneless chicken thighs)
- Canola cooking spray (that does not contain soy or Canola oil)
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
Preheat broiler. Cover a baking sheet with foil and spray with Canola cooking spray or brush with Canola oil.
Combine first six ingredients in a large bowl. Add chicken to bowl; toss to coat. Place chicken on pan.
Broil chicken 5 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, combine honey and vinegar in a small bowl, stirring well.
Remove chicken from oven; brush half of the honey mixture on chicken. Broil 1 minute.
Remove chicken from oven and turn over. Brush chicken with remaining honey mixture. Broil 1 additional minute or until chicken is done.
Source: Adapted from MSPI Mama, originally adapted from Cooking Light
You're Gonna Bake It After All