A homemade no bake version of the classic ice cream cake, only better! An Oreo crust, layers of vanilla and chocolate ice cream, homemade hot fudge, and whipped topping. Gluten free option.
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 cups crushed Oreo cookies
- 8 tablespoons melted butter (1 stick)
- 1/2 cup sugar
For the ice cream layers:
- 1/4 - 1/2 gallon chocolate ice cream, slightly softened (store bought or homemade)
- 1/4 - 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream, slightly softened (store bought or homemade)
For the fudge layer:
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 8 tablespoons butter (1 stick)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the topping:
- 8 ounces Cool Whip (or whipped cream)
- Sprinkles or decorations of choice
Combine 2 cups crushed Oreos with melted butter and sugar. Press into a 13x9 pan or two 9-inch round springform pans. Freeze for 15 minutes.
Spread the chocolate ice cream on top of the crust and freeze for 1 hour.
Spread the vanilla ice cream on top of the chocolate layer and freeze for 2 more hours.
Combine first 4 ingredients of hot fudge sauce in a saucepan and bring to a boil for 8 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Cool to room temperature.
Spoon sauce on top of vanilla ice cream layer and freeze until firm.
Spread Cool Whip on top and sprinkle with Oreo crumbs or colored sprinkles. Freeze for 3 hours.
You're Gonna Bake It After All