A tollhouse chocolate chip cookie recipe modified to avoid dairy and soy but with all the flavor of a good bakery cookie.
- 2 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Crisco (traditional or butter-flavored)
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups dairy free soy free chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
Beat Crisco, sugars, and vanilla extract in a large mixer bowl until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually beat in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 - 9 minutes or until edges begin to turn golden. Cool for one minute on the cookie sheet and remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Adapted from One Ordinary Day
You're Gonna Bake It After All