Healthy Pasta Primavera Salad is the perfect spring and summer meal, with fresh vegetables and a light vinegar dressing. This vegetarian dish has no meat and no cream. It is so colorful and perfect for entertaining!
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons raspberry vinegar (or red wine vinegar)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 pound pasta (such as linguine or fettucine)
- 3/4 pound snow peas
- 1/3 pound sugar snap peas
- 2 ripe plum tomatoes (quartered)
- 2 red bell peppers (stemmed, seeded, and cut into fine julienne)
- 8 green onions (trimmed, cut diagonally into 1/2-inch pieces)
- 1/2 cup snipped chive, basil (or other fresh herbs)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup black olives
- grated zest of 1 lemon (optional)
Make the Pasta:
Bring 4 quarts of salted water to a boil. Stir in pasta and cook to al dente according to package directions.
Drain pasta and transfer to the bowl with the vinaigrette. Gently toss and set aside to cool.
Assemble the Salad:
Add the snow peas, sugar snap peas, tomatoes, peppers, green onion and herbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Before serving, top salad with olives, Parmesan cheese, and lemon zest, if using.